Cooking Steps for Dried Bird’s Nest Palm
- Soak the Bird’s Nest cup (6-8g) in a bowl of hot water (90⁰C) for 30 mins. As it softens, pour away the water and gently tear into strips.
- Add hot water (90⁰C) into the bowl with Bird’s Nest strands/strips and soak for another 10 mins.
- Drain the water, transfer the Bird Nest into a double boiler and add 200ml of hot water- simmer for 2 hours.
* Ginseng or cordyceps can be added should you choose to.
- When you’re left with quarter of an hour to go (15 mins), add in your chosen condiments!
* We recommend Rock sugar, Red Dates and Wolfberries.
- Apart from the traditional recipe, feel free to experience different ways of eating this delicacy; in chicken soup, with fish maw, sea cucumber or even abalone.